Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of September 25, 2015:
- How Well Are Arabic Websites Archived?: A exploration of the rate at which Arabic websites are archived.
- What’s in a (top-level domain) name?: What motivates individuals and organisations to register their site in a particular national space?
- Jim Sutton: Dilemmas and the digital age: “Ethics and technology, it seems, have an interesting future together.”
- Vanishing Canada: Why we’re all losers in Ottawa’s war on data: Records deleted, burned, tossed in Dumpsters. A Maclean’s investigation on the crisis in government data.
- Archiving a digital history: Preserving Penn State’s heritage one link at a time
- Enhancing the LOCKSS Technology: A summary of recent infrastructure enhancements to the LOCKSS Program.
- Freelance journalist sends interviews aggregation website to ‘digital Dignitas’ seven years after launch: Another example of how ephemeral the Internet can be
- We want YOUR ideas for the IIPC General Assembly 2016: Preparations for the IIPC General Assembly 2016 are under way, and your input is needed!