Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of April 29, 2015:
Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of April 23, 2015:
- “One Size Does Not Always Fit All“, by Michael Neubert. Discussion of the web archiving projects of the Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens, as well as the inherent challenges for the workflows of a small staff.
Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of April 15, 2015:
- “Archiving Nigerian History Of Film, Socio-Cultural Values Through Digital“, from Oludare Richards. Professionals and stakeholders within the Nigerian film industry gathered recently at the Silverbird Galleria, Lagos for a pre-launch event tagged “Digitizing the History of Film in Nigeria project – with the theme “Making the Link: Technology and Values in Film making.
Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of April 8, 2015:
- “No wonder NM lawmakers frown on keeping webcasts“. “Archived webcasts of [Albuquerque] Senate floor and Senate Rules Committee action during the 2014 legislative session show a deception unfolding that led to the Legislature’s approval of a questionable sale of a building in a historic district near the Capitol.”
- “Facebook’s ‘On This Day’ seeks to retrieve memories“, from Caitlin Dewey. Facebook is the latest to get into the nostalgia game with a feature called “On This Day,” which will surface past status updates, photos and posts you’ve been tagged in to a designated page.
Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of April 2, 2015:
- “Why are we trying to create Ready Player One’s terrifying, nostalgia-fueled dystopia?“, by Adi Robertson. In Ernest Cline’s 2011 novel Ready Player One, the narrator enters the virtual reality world of OASIS to visit a hollow planet filled with thousands of simulated arcades. “Archaide” contains a copy of every coin-operated game ever made, all on perfect simulations of the original cabinet. That’s not the kind of thing we’ll see any time soon, but if you go online right this minute, you can play thousands of classic arcade, Atari, and MS-DOS games, emulated in a web browser and hosted by the Internet Archive.