Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of October 2, 2015:
- Recap of web archiving at SAA Annual Meeting: Some brief notes on the various web archiving events at the 2015 SAA meeting.
- The net, the web, the archive and the historian: “…It’s our generation of scholars that are going to have to come up with the solutions.”
- “The Prostate Cancer of Preservation” Re-examined: How have predictions about format obsolescence held up under recent research?
- Web Archives: Preserving the Everyday Record: An interview with Ian Milligan about Geocities, archiving Canadian politics, and the pivotal role of web archiving in scholarship.
- Ten years of the UK web archive: what have we saved? If we look back at the 8 billion resources collected by the UK web archive since 2004, what do we see?
- Dynamic New Team Leads the Internet Archive’s Web Group: The Internet Archive announces the new leadership team heading up their Web Services group.
- British Stand-Up Comedy Archive Special Collection: The history and collecting philosophy behind the British Stand-Up Comedy Archive.