Here’s the weekly web archiving roundup for December 13, 2015:
- The Internet Archive is hosting a telethon! An actual Telethon, hosted and run by Internet Archive employees, in front of a live audience!
- From Dataverse to Gephi: Network Analysis on our Data, A Step-by-Step Walkthrough: Releasing data is only useful if we show people how they can use it.
- Acquiring at Digital Scale–Harvesting the StoryCorps.me Collection: Meeting the challenge of acquiring tens of thousands of interviews at a time thanks to the ability to harvest them via the web.
- The Internet Is for Humans, Not Robots: A new study finds people outnumber bots online for the first time in four years. But a closer inspection of the data reveals a more complicated picture of what’s happening on the web.
- Evaluating the Temporal Coherence of Composite Mementos: Only one in five archived web pages existed as presented.