SAA’s Web Archiving Section and Performing Arts Section will hold a virtual joint section meeting on Thursday, August 11, 2022 from 1-2:30 pm CT.
The steering committees invite colleagues to present case studies (up to 10 min) about the intersections between special collections, web archives, and born-digital records in all areas of the performing arts. Possible topics could include:
- Projects and workflows for archiving web presences and born-digital records of performing arts organizations, artists, and companies, including social media
- How and why researchers use and interact with performing arts web archives
- Data computation, analysis, and visualization projects based on performing arts web archives and born-digital records
- Collection development policy initiatives to incorporate web archives into performing arts special collections
- Including performing arts web archives in finding aids
- Reference and engagement work around performing arts web archives and born-digital records
- Web archiving and post-custodial performing arts archives
- Performing arts web archives design for mixed audiences/diverse patrons
For consideration, please send a presentation title, brief description (100 words or less), and name(s) of presenter(s) to Performing Arts Section Co-Chair Cecily Marcus (email@example.com) and Web Archiving Section Chair Melissa Wertheimer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 1, 2022.