Here’s your Web Archiving Roundup for December, 2018:
- Registration is open for an online Introduction to Web Archiving course through the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s iSchool. The course will run from February 4 – March 17.
- Registration remains open for the Archive-It Mid-Winter Partner meeting on January 29, 2019 in Seattle, WA. The meeting will take place at Benroya Hall in downtown Seattle from 9am-1pm.
- The IIPC Web Archiving Conference is still accepting papers for the 2019 conference. The conference will be hosted by the National and University Library of Croatia in Zagreb, which coincides with the 15h anniversary of the Croatian Web Archive (HAW). Deadline for submissions is January 7th, 2019.
- Web Archiving internship opportunity at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Recorded webinar and slides on Cobweb functionality.
- Web archiving compliance guide for K-12, a publication by the American School & University magazine.
- Article at IIPC by Peter de Bode and Kees Teszelszky about internet archeology at the National Library of the Netherlands.
- CDL has a wrap-up project update of the ARKs in the Open project.
- Library of Congress launches their Web Archiving Program page.
- Archive-It announces the winners of their Pitch a Collection contest.