Here’s your Web Archiving Roundup for April 2, 2018:
- In If These Crawls Could Talk, Emily Maemura, Nicholas Worby, Ian Milligan, and Christoph Becker propose a ‘framework for documenting key dimensions of a collection that addresses the situated nature of the organizational context, technical specificities, and unique characteristics of web materials that are the focus of a collection.’
- Why is it Important to Preserve Old Software? Steve Goldstein and Euan Cochrane tackle the question.
- Fourteen years of Archiving the Croatian Web.
- At Ethics and Archiving the Web, Ian Milligan looks at the Ethics of Studying GeoCities.
- Time to update your links: Google is shutting down its goo.gl URL shortening service.