Weekly web archiving roundup for November 14, 2015:
- Plan Your Digital Legacy, and Update Often: “As more wealth moves into the cloud, good luck tracking this stuff.”
- How the Internet Archive maintains an information super highway: An interview with the director of media and access at Internet Archive, Alexis Rossi, and Vicky Brasseur, a volunteer maintaining the Internet Archive S3 API documentation.
- New DAS Web Archiving Webinar Begins Streaming November 16: This course introduces the core concepts of web archiving and provides a firm foundation for further expansion of skill sets.
- WAS to Archive-It Migration Update: The Web Archiving Service (WAS) migration to Internet Archive’s Archive-It Service reached two major milestones last week.
- Thoughts from Partner staff about web archiving: An overview of a recent OCLC Research Library Partnership survey investigating the needs of the web archiving community.
- Post Firewall–“Mining the Internet Graveyard: Rethinking the Historians’ Toolkit”: Newly open access article argues that the advent of a massive quantity of born-digital historical sources necessitates a rethinking of the historians’ toolkit.