Weekly web archiving roundup for the week of March 4, 2015:
- “Google boss warns of ‘forgotten century’ with email and photos at risk“, by Vint Cerf. Digital material including key historical documents could be lost forever because programs to view them will become defunct, says Vint Cerf
- “Internet Rights are Civil Rights: New Foundation Initiative Announced“, from Shafaq Hasan. Announcement of the NetGain project, connecting Internet rights and civil rights.
- “Who Are the People? A Conversation on the Assemblages and the Archives of the People“, from Sherene Seikaly et. al. Interesting post tying web content with community archiving in some places.
- “Project “BeerAdvocate magazine online” has begun, and we want your input“, from Todd Alstrom. “The process of archiving all issues of BeerAdvocate magazine online has finally begun!”
- “Introducing the Federal Web Archiving Working Group“, guest post from Michael Neubert, a Supervisory Digital Projects Specialist at the Library of Congress.