Here’s the weekly web archiving roundup for February 19, 2014–these news items go up each Wednesday, and will be pertinent to anyone with an interest in web archiving. Although news items are compiled by the Web Archiving Roundtable steering committee and Best Practices/Toolbox committee members, don’t be shy about posting additional items of interest to the [webarchiving] discussion list!
- “Data Armageddon: preserving data can be tricky business“, by Drew Turney: An overview of the challenges facing digital preservation of scientific data: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/business-it/data-armageddon-preserving-data-can-be-tricky-business-20140123-hv9j9.html
- “Gale Extends Partnership with Portico to Preserve Remaining Digital Collections“, PRNewswire: Gale Publishing has extended its partnership with Portico to preserve the rest of its digital archives: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gale-extends-partnership-with-portico-to-preserve-remaining-digital-collections-241812901.html
- “RCN Publishing joins Portico“: RCN publishing has joined Portico to ensure preservation of its e-journals. http://www.portico.org/digital-preservation/news-events/news/general-news/rcn-publishing-joins-portico
- “Introduction to Web Archiving at the Folger“, by Jaime McCurry: http://collation.folger.edu/2014/02/an-introduction-to-web-archiving-at-the-folger/
- “The Heart of the Matter: An NDSR Project and Program Update“, by Maureen McCormick Harlow: http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2014/02/the-heart-of-the-matter-an-ndsr-project-and-program-update/
- “I No Longer Have a Website“, by Michael Connor: http://rhizome.org/editorial/2014/feb/10/authenticity-access-digital-preservation-geocities/
- “Redesigned NLA PANDORA web archiving blog released“, http://www.nla.gov.au/blogs/web-archiving